- Category: Psychotherapy and Recovery Work
Love and respect are vital in the eating disorder prevention equation.
What eating disorder recovery and health looks like at a family dinner.
Health and recovery means behaving reasonably and practically with a powerful undertone of love, respect at the dinner table. Family and friends show a glad willingness to listen to others and have confidence that they can passionately disagree. Everyone is certain that, right or wrong, everyone in the family loves and will stand by everyone else.
When this underlying atmosphere is brought to daily life in a family, including family dinners, eating disorders don't have a chance to develop. Eating disorder prevention does not mean following a check list of correct behaviors at the dinner table.
- Category: Newsflash
- Category: Healing Resources
Severe anorexia can seriously limit a woman’s ability to conceive. It also erodes bones.
More Articles ...
- In-Patient Experience
- In-patient and Residential Treatment
- How to Support Your Eating Disorder Recovery after Hospitalization: Being home
- Coping with Feelings after New Years
- Woman discovers she is a binge eater
- 5 Tips for Self Care in Recovering from New Year's Stress and High Hopes
- Greet the New Year with a Gratitude Journal
- Find your authentic self hidden by eating disorder symptoms
- Professional Confidentiality and Blogging
- Tip for Increasing the Recovery Value of Your Journal