- Category: Healing Resources
Use this recovery exercise to stop a binge. Powerful emotions, some you don't reognizeze, trigger cravings and push you into eating disorder behaviors. If you can postpone action, even for a moment, and move into an alternative frame of mind, you may be able to waylay those feelings and prevent an eating disorder episode.
This exercise, like any exercise, takes practice before you experience long term benefits. But you will receive short term benefits quickly.
- Category: Symptoms
Do you recognize the two main influences that propel you to the slippery slope and undermine your eating disorder recovery?
1. Anyone who supports your symptoms rather than your recovery. Be wary and alert when someone encourages you to starve or invites you to join them in a binge.
- Category: Symptoms
Power of touch" "We need four hugs a day for survival. We need eight hugs a day for maintenance. We need twelve hugs a day for growth." Virginia Satir
Are you eating or exercising too much out of touch deprivation? Do you sink into a recliner or couch with comforting food to console your body?
Think about it. Loneliness and a sense of isolation exists when you suffer from an eating disorder. Bingeing on food or obsessing on being as small as possible by not eating are ways of addressing a deprivation. One of your deprivations could be skin on skin experiences. *photo
- Category: Food and Weight
If I had understood growth hormones earlier in my life I would have stopped bedtime snacks decades ago. Relaxing before bed with food, has more effect on your weight than you may realize. * pix
Bedtime Snacks Affect Children and Adults Differently
How the human body processes food changes as wel become adults. A simple milk and crackers before bed for a child can be lovely. The same snack for an adult can cause unexpected weight issues.
Children produce a growth hormone throughout a 24 hour period because, well, they are growing! But adults only produce the growth hormone when they are asleep.
Growth hormone supports your bone and muscle health. A bedtime snack stops the production of that hormone and that creates a loss of muscle
More Articles ...
- Debasement, Trudging, Self-Worth: includes reader responses.
- Dangerous Sexual Liaisons and Women with Eating Disorders
- Stolen Dreams: Eating Disorders Eclipse Authentic Life Goals and Desires
- Dreams: your doorway to eating disorder healing and a meaningful life
- Panic Attack Can be Part of Your Eating Disorder Experience
- Frightened Child Image Healing Work: plus recovery conversation
- Self-Worth: 15 questions to discover and build your true value
- Eating Disorder Relapse or Recovery Opportunity?
- Keep a Dream Journal to Speed Eating Disorder Recovery
- Woman discovers she is a binge eater and now seeks help