- Category: Culture and Media
On July 13 I received an e-mail from my friend Anne, subject line, "Hello from Paris." She is travelling in Europe with her husband and about to take a small river boat journey through the center of France to Nice. I didn't respond right away. Her post got lost in a mass of e-mails in my inbox.
The next day I joined millions of people throughout the world in shock, horror and grief as Nice got her heart ripped out by a man with a truck and guns. We were still reeling from the police being attacked and killed in Orlando. Today, July 17, police were lured to their death by a phony 911 call in Baton Rouge.
- Category: Symptoms
*pix Romantic, colorful, joyous uplifting sight - balloons rising into a beautiful sky. This is pleasure, even elation, in the moment. But, living to keep an ephemeral bit of lovliness as a permanent state of being can be disastrous. Can you enjoy a moment and stay in the reality of cause and effect?
- Category: Holidays and Special Occasions
Every holiday seems to have a large food component in our culture. Fourth of July is no exception. *pix
If you have an eating disorder the holiday may pose some challenges for you that other people don't consider.
If you recognize these challenges and confront them directly in terms of your needs and vulnerabilities,
you can participate in a fun celebration while maintaining your eating disorder recovery.
Fourth of July food challenges take many forms.
- Category: Psychotherapy and Recovery Work
When you stand on a scale or see the size of an outfit you are trying on your thoughts and feelings may go into free fall. You are happy, sad, angry, ashamed, depressed, despairing, powerful and superior or near emotional collapse. You focus on your power to control your shape and size or your failure to do so. Your body is on your mind 24/7.
Does it strike you that, despite your concern about your body, you do your best to ignore it?
More Articles ...
- The real you: overeater and unworthy or creative and valuable? Answer 15 questions to find out.
- Eating Disorder Recovery Challenge: anesthesia or genuine human experience?
- Why do I overeat?
- Seven Ways to Avoid a Binge in Eating Disorder Recovery
- Benevolent smiles in your environment support eating disorder recovery
- Garden lessons for eating disorder recovery
- Healing Power of Psychotherapy Rests in Harmony
- Opinion: Looking at the missing pieces of residential eating disorder treatment programs
- "What to Look For in an Eating Disorder Treatment Center" commentary
- What kind of courage is required for recovery?