- Category: Dreams
If you have an eating disorder you may not know who to listen to, who to trust, what to believe, what even to hope for. Yet you carry within you the source of your most effective guidance that comes from your authentic truth – your dreams.
Paying attention to your dreams, despite the disguises dreams use through the symbols your unconscious presents, is to pay attention to what is meaningful to you. Following what is truly meaningful to you is the path to your recovery and to a much more fulfilled and satisfying life.
Decades ago a dream pushed me into the world of recovery and healing.
- Category: Symptoms
Mirror Mirror is running an excellent factual article describing weight loss surgery: Weight Loss Surgery and Eating Disorders.
In my experience as an eating disorder recovery psychotherapist I've seen tragic outcomes from weight loss surgery. Yes, I grant that it's possible, for a person without an eating disorder, to reap medical benefits from the surgery. Weight loss does occur and can be helpful in health management.
- Category: Psychotherapy and Recovery Work
Hope strategy based on pragmatic wisdom (Please read the article for wonderful details on the 15 principles.)
If you are working or struggling in recovery, please read this.
Change the story so that the opposing forces are your internal forces insisting that you maintain your unwanted behaviors and insisting that you are worthless. Then, look at the other forces, your internal forces that want health and recovery.
Especially look at your internal forces that are not engaged, are weak or dismissive or in denial. Then the strategies and support in this article can help you realign your internal world and move you toward the healthy revolution you need for a much better and healthier life.
- Category: Healing Resources
10 titles in today's issue written by highly reputable people in the field.
Go to issue
- Battling a Regenerating Hydra
- What is DBT?
- Islam and Eating Disorders
- Muscle Dysmorphia ...........Signs, Risks, Diagnosis, Treatment
- Enhanced Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Eating Disorders
- 5 Biggest Mistakes People Make With Food And Exercise
- ‘Make it stop’: a man’s struggle with anorexia
- 40 Things People With Eating Disorders Wish Others Understood
- 9 Signs That You're a Narcissist
- 10 Myths People With Eating Disorders Want to See Busted
Psychotherapy with Joanna
More Articles ...
- Candid interview with Joanna Poppink, MFT, eating disorder recovery psychotherapist
- Eating Disorder Behavior Can Be a Form of Panic Attack
- Eating Disorder Recovery Call: End procrastination and save your life
- More and better friendships create a more healthy and joyous life
- 12 Eating Disorder Recovery Questions
- Hold the Opposites, Contrasts and Tension for Eating Disorder Recovery
- Your eating disorder challenge: From recovery to renewal
- 12 Discoveries in Early Eating Disorder Recovery
- How to Answer "What's new" Question While in Recovery
- Trump Campaign may trigger your PTSD symptoms and your eating disorder