- Category: Dreams
Don't miss a terrific opportunity to improve your life. Your nightmare is a gift and forceful guide to what is right and next for you. (You may find this image interesting, lovable or fascinating. But it could also be a terrifying and threatening image in a nightmare. Don't run. Use it. Let it teach you.)
- Category: Holidays and Special Occasions
The Days after Thanksgiving – Time for Your Real Thankfulness
In my years of being a psychotherapist I’ve been honored to work with many people who reveal and discover their true feeling during holidays. As we share and explore together we find the core gratitude within that enhances daily life and enriches their holiday experience. Perhaps some of what we’ve found will deepen and enrich your experience too.
The Thanksgiving holiday is over. You may reflect on:
- Category: Dreams
If you have an eating disorder you may not know who to listen to, who to trust, what to believe, what even to hope for. Yet you carry within you the source of your most effective guidance that comes from your authentic truth – your dreams.
Paying attention to your dreams, despite the disguises dreams use through the symbols your unconscious presents, is to pay attention to what is meaningful to you. Following what is truly meaningful to you is the path to your recovery and to a much more fulfilled and satisfying life.
Decades ago a dream pushed me into the world of recovery and healing.
- Category: Symptoms
Mirror Mirror is running an excellent factual article describing weight loss surgery: Weight Loss Surgery and Eating Disorders.
In my experience as an eating disorder recovery psychotherapist I've seen tragic outcomes from weight loss surgery. Yes, I grant that it's possible, for a person without an eating disorder, to reap medical benefits from the surgery. Weight loss does occur and can be helpful in health management.
More Articles ...
- Eating Disorder Recovery Wisdom from Green Peace
- Poppink Eating Disorder Recovery Daily News
- Candid interview with Joanna Poppink, MFT, eating disorder recovery psychotherapist
- Eating Disorder Behavior Can Be a Form of Panic Attack
- Eating Disorder Recovery Call: End procrastination and save your life
- More and better friendships create a more healthy and joyous life
- 12 Eating Disorder Recovery Questions
- Hold the Opposites, Contrasts and Tension for Eating Disorder Recovery
- Your eating disorder challenge: From recovery to renewal
- 12 Discoveries in Early Eating Disorder Recovery