- Category: Symptoms
Sexual Exploitation and Vulnerable Women's Fantasies
Often in my practice a new patient comes in with a distorted perception of the sexual exploitation in her life. She may have a stalker. She may have a boyfriend or husband who manipulates and uses her sexually. Sometimes she knows it and is afraid. Sometimes she knows it and feels ashamed she can't live up to his expectations.
- Category: Healing Resources
Binge Eating or Starving: Why an eating schedule helps
An eating schedule, a regular and reliable timing for providing yourself with life sustaining nourishment is essential for all living beings. For eating disorder recovery to begin and last, the first challenge is to accept yourself as a human being. That may sound obvious and absurd to even mention. But, if you binge eat you must eat. If you starve you must eat. If you purge you must eat. If you want recovery you have to eat.
- Category: Culture and Media
Anxiety: How Does Self-Care Help?
This disruptive state is enough to trigger binge eating and anxiety attacks.
In the face of such powerful disrupters, what can we for ourselves and others?
- Category: Psychotherapy and Recovery Work
We are not living in ordinary times. Anxiety grows. Our reasonable adaptations for stress may not serve us well when stressors comes every day and sometimes ever hour. We suffer emotionally when the stability of our economics, our politics, our relationships, our health, our physical safety and the safety of those we love is continually threatened. Finding balance and reasonableness can be difficult or impossible.
Anxiety and Stress during a Pandemic
More Articles ...
- Anxiety, Binge Eating, Intimacy Issues: The Fire Alarm Is Not the Fire
- Artificial Sweeteners, Diets and Weight Gain: A Powerful Connection
- Perfection, Restricting and Eating Disorders
- Restore Balance during Binge Eating, Restricting and Anxiety Relapse
- Healing Wisdom for Binge Eating and Restricting Recovery
- Bulimia Tragedy Behind Her Façade: Eight Questions for you
- Were you alone and binge eating at Christmas? How to ground yourself.
- Good Goals or Binge Eating Triggers? Importance of a clarity check
- Binge Eating Recovery Work: pain and joy
- Eating Disorder Slip over the Holidays: find meaning and recovery