- Category: Psychotherapy and Recovery Work
You need a center. We all do. The questions to ask are: Is it your true authentic center? Or are you using your eating disorder as your center?
You developed an eating disorder to hold your emotional and psychological life together. Something interfered with your developing a solid self core that could sustain you through the trials and challenges of living. Developing an eating disorder is a creative act. You created a core center that you can support by controlling how you eat (or don’t eat), how you exercise, how you isolate and how you limit your life to specific habits and routines.
- Category: Reflections on the Human Condition
“The ultimate measure of a person is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." - Martin Luther King Jr.
And when is it not a time of challenge and controversy? When we are in moments of comfort and convenience, aren't we focusing on what's pleasant in our lives and disregarding pain in the world? We can't focus on pain all the time. That's disabling. We need to nourish ourselves and each other with love and support.
- Category: Self-Help
*pix a healthy garden expands and contracts with the seasons while simultaneously containing continuous decay and birth.
Our goal in healing needs to move beyond recovery and into the realm of continuous renewal.
- Category: Self-Help
Just found this. "The most regretful people on earth are those that felt the call to creative work...& gave it neither power nor time."
~ Mary Oliver
Reinforcement and validation are all around you. Please know, eating disorder recovery is a vital, valuable, soul saving, life enhancing endeavor. But your course doesn't end with recovery.
More Articles ...
- What's new in your eating disorder recovery?
- Trump Campaign may trigger your PTSD symptoms and your eating disorder
- Eating Disorders, Trauma and Sexual Abuse: 15 Questions for You
- In the midst of tragedy, your eating disorder recovery matters
- Eating Disorder Body Fantasy and Path to Recovery
- Stay in Eating Disorder Recovery on the 4th of July
- Eating Disorder Paradox of Body Obsession and Body Denial
- The real you: overeater and unworthy or creative and valuable? Answer 15 questions to find out.
- Eating Disorder Recovery Challenge: anesthesia or genuine human experience?
- Why do I overeat?