- Category: Culture and Media
Alaskan Airline flight 6 in pink from LAX to Washington, January 20, 2017 for Women's March *pix
"I love America - the place where people come together around a common cause and have some fun at the same time, all on their way to the best city in the world - Washington, DC USA :)." by photographer Ted Eytan
My job, my commitment, dedication, study and my heart for over 35 years centers on healing, women's recovery from eating disorders and their flourishing in the world.
- Category: Culture and Media
"Today Trump responded to the millions who marched for women's rights this weekend by reinstating the global gag rule, which prohibits international organizations from receiving funding if they participate in abortion-related activities, making it harder for women worldwide to access reproductive healthcare." Center for Biological Diversity
I've been treating women for over 40 years who have a history of eating disorders So much of the underpinnings of an eating disorder involve fear, lack of personal power, isolation and dependency because nothing seems as reliable and safe as eating or not eating and controlling your body. Taking positive action with allies now is a way to discover personal power and a community that supports your being strong, empowered, healthy and fully alive
- Category: Newsflash
Today's articles2. Anorexic Celebrities ……..Famous People With Anorexia
(Inclusion does not mean Joanna Poppink agrees with content. She believe different points of view and different resources need to be available to people searching for information and answers.)
1. Weekly Pearls of Wisdom: About Struggling Inspiring Story - Islam and Eating Disorders
3. Adults with Anorexia: My Anti-Relapse Plan - Eating Disorder Recovery for Adults
4. DBT Eating Disorder Treatment …...How it Works, Effectiveness, Case Studies
5. Traveling in Recovery: Eating Disorders
- Category: Psychotherapy and Recovery Work
Will you keep waiting for tomorrow to begin your recovery? Tomorrow never comes.
Procrastination is a powerful part of living with an eating disorder. You postpone taking recovery action. When you put positive activities off you are saying that you'll create a new life for yourself in the future. You plan in your mind, as if you can have two lives, this one and the one you'll create when you finish procrastinating.
More Articles ...
- More and better friendships in 2017
- Birthing a New Book: stories, healing, courage plus you'll meet a dragon
- 12 Eating Disorder Recovery Questions to Support Your Healing and Find Your Center
- Holiday Challenge: call for empathy and courage
- Rise to your eating disorder challenge: move beyond recovery to renewal
- Let your creativity bubble up as you experience eating disorder recovery
- What's new in your eating disorder recovery?
- Trump Campaign may trigger your PTSD symptoms and your eating disorder
- Eating Disorders, Trauma and Sexual Abuse: 15 Questions for You
- In the midst of tragedy, your eating disorder recovery matters