- Category: Friends and Family
Eating Disorder Hope is running a thoughtful article, "Anorexia and Friendship: How Do I Help My Friend?." I'm often asked this question by teens but also by adults including family members.
While I like the content of the article I have to add this missing and what I consider a vital piece of the answer.
- Category: Self-Help
The comments to the previous article: "Your body is your friend who's there for you 100% of the time," spawned a fascinating and moving conversation in the comments. Thank you for your candor. I so appreciate your honesty and courage. pix*
- Category: Self-Help
What if you really don't know where you are? *pix
Eating disorders block emotions and create distorted thinking. If you read recovery books, are in therapy or go to support groups or 12-step meetings you've heard this.
But what does this actually mean in your experience? You can't feel what you don't feel. You can't think clearly and realistically if your thinking is distorted.
- Category: Holidays and Special Occasions
You may notice and wonder why I include sustainability issues in my writing when my work is dedicated to eating disorder recovery and women's fulfillment in life, living free, respected, healthy and educated. pix*
Sustainability - the real sustainability that supports health and well being of all while respecting and honoring living active systems and relationships among and between everything - is vital for our personal lives. It expands out to include everyone, everything and, indeed, the globe.
Understand and take care of your mind, spirit and body well with an appreciation of how you are connected with everyone and everything is all the equipment you need to create a good healthy life and a sustainable world. That includes eating disorder recovery. Here's how.
More Articles ...
- Eating Disorder Recovery Holiday Exercises
- Addiction to Sleep Deprivation
- Thanksgiving: the elephant, the ant and the Monarch butterfly
- Inspiring Quotes for Journal Prompts
- Changing Therapeutic Frames for Eating Disorder Recovery and the Butterfly Metaphor
- Human Touch and Your Recovery
- How to lower your stress and improve the quality of your life
- Inspirational Quotes as Recovery Assignments
- Spiritual Warrior: That's You in Recovery
- Free Eating Disorder Recovery Books: Help EDR Help Others