- Category: Culture and Media
Anxiety: How Does Self-Care Help?
This disruptive state is enough to trigger binge eating and anxiety attacks.
In the face of such powerful disrupters, what can we for ourselves and others?
- Category: Psychotherapy and Recovery Work
We are not living in ordinary times. Anxiety grows. Our reasonable adaptations for stress may not serve us well when stressors comes every day and sometimes ever hour. We suffer emotionally when the stability of our economics, our politics, our relationships, our health, our physical safety and the safety of those we love is continually threatened. Finding balance and reasonableness can be difficult or impossible.
Anxiety and Stress during a Pandemic
- Category: Symptoms
Symptoms such as binge eating, anxiety issues and eating disorder behaviors are alarms.
Stopping the anxiety or binge eating alarm without addressing what’s causing the alarm to sound off accomplishes little or nothing. It also can be dangerous because the metaphoric fire continues to burn and may increase in ferocity.
When a fire alarm goes off the problem is not the sound of the alarm. The problem is the fire. The deeper problem is the cause of the fire.
- Category: Food and Weight
Artificial Sweeteners and Weight Gain
Weight gain and artificial sweeteners are partners. The promises surrounding artificial sweeteners play into the false sense of reality that accompanies eating disorder thinking. You believe can eat something sweet, not take in sugar, not take in calories, satisfy your cravings and not gain weight. But that belief is not the reality.
If you have an eating disorder you put thought and energy into how to outwit your body. Your goal is to binge eat or restrict and simultaneously have the body shape and weight you want while feeling good. To do this you avoid or deny solid information about what your body needs to thrive.
More Articles ...
- Perfection, Restricting and Eating Disorders
- Restore Balance during Binge Eating, Restricting and Anxiety Relapse
- Healing Wisdom for Binge Eating and Restricting Recovery
- Bulimia Tragedy Behind Her Façade: Eight Questions for you
- Were you alone and binge eating at Christmas? How to ground yourself.
- Good Goals or Binge Eating Triggers? Importance of a clarity check
- Binge Eating Recovery Work: pain and joy
- Eating Disorder Slip over the Holidays: find meaning and recovery
- Binge Eating and Eating Disorder Recovery: How long does it take?
- Recovery Tip for Binge Eating and Restricting: You can start using it now!