What are Joanna Poppink's credentials?
Formal Credentials: B.A. from UCLA. M.A. from Antioch University. MFT licenses: #15563 in California, MT3982 in Florida, MT3982 in Oregon, 15632 in Arizona, 11992953-3902 in Utah
History of Joanna Poppink's Professional Affiliations:
- Academy for Eating Disorders (AED) - https://www.acadeatdis.org
- American Anorexia and Bulimia Association (AABA) - https://www.aabainc.org.
- National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders (ANAD) - https://anad.org/
- International Association of Eating Disorders Professionals (IAEDP) - https://www.iaedp.com/
- International Society for the Study of Dissociation - https://www.issd.org
- International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies - https://www.istss.org
- National Eating Disorders Association - https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/
- Sidran Foundation - https://www.sidran.org
Ongoing education in credit granting conferences, educational organizations and ongoing seminars in:
- Eating disorders
- Attachment theory
- Neuroscience and affect regulation
- Jungian Psychology
- Trauma and PTSD
- Mindfulness and meditation
- Guided imagery and psychodrama
- Integration of East and West healing principles
- Developmental psychology
- Systems theory and unconscious processes in group dynamics including families
- Self Psychology (Kohut)
- Dissociative Disorders
Supportive learning activities Joanna feels are clinically useful in eating disorder recovery:
- Journal keeping
- Creative writing
Various forms of meditation (not necessarily silent time in lotus position but also walking, dancing, working, gardening, playing meditation)
- Study of many religions
- Study of myths and legends
- Extensive world travel exploring different cultural perspectives
All the arts: reading, writing, painting, sculpting, dancing, singing i.e. all creative forms of expression that allow the authenticity of a person's deep caring to emerge into the world.
Play and Laughter: with children, with dogs and cats, with adults where the source of laughter is found in delightfully surprising places, in water, on land, in private and with others.
Joanna has been in private practice since 1980. All her studies are informed and enriched by the personal experiences her clients share with her throughout their recovery work. Their courage, creativity, determination, pain and suffering, joy and developing strength continually teach her the depth and range of the healing experience in eating disorder recovery.
We have 24 guests and no members online