- Category: Self-Help
A large, bullying, arrogant man in a position of wealth and power who feels entitled to experience or own anything he wants is parading through the media blatantly derogating, belittling, humiliating, insulting and sexually molesting women through his words and actions.
If you have a history of being dishonored in any of these ways, Donald Trump's words and non verbal actions we see through media and hear him describe, might well be the cause of your reliving your personal traumas now. You may know this and feel it.
- Category: Psychotherapy and Recovery Work
Are we done with vanity being the cause of eating disorders? Are we done with attributing character flaws and psychological weakness to people with eating disorders? I hope so.
These beliefs are more than false. They undermine a person's appreciation of themselves, foster shame and inhibit seeking help.
Find out what does help you.
- Category: Culture and Media
On July 13 I received an e-mail from my friend Anne, subject line, "Hello from Paris." She is travelling in Europe with her husband and about to take a small river boat journey through the center of France to Nice. I didn't respond right away. Her post got lost in a mass of e-mails in my inbox.
The next day I joined millions of people throughout the world in shock, horror and grief as Nice got her heart ripped out by a man with a truck and guns. We were still reeling from the police being attacked and killed in Orlando. Today, July 17, police were lured to their death by a phony 911 call in Baton Rouge.
- Category: Symptoms
*pix Romantic, colorful, joyous uplifting sight - balloons rising into a beautiful sky. This is pleasure, even elation, in the moment. But, living to keep an ephemeral bit of lovliness as a permanent state of being can be disastrous. Can you enjoy a moment and stay in the reality of cause and effect?
More Articles ...
- Stay in Eating Disorder Recovery on the 4th of July
- Eating Disorder Paradox of Body Obsession and Body Denial
- The real you: overeater and unworthy or creative and valuable? Answer 15 questions to find out.
- Eating Disorder Recovery Challenge: anesthesia or genuine human experience?
- Why do I overeat?
- Seven Ways to Avoid a Binge in Eating Disorder Recovery
- Benevolent smiles in your environment support eating disorder recovery
- Garden lessons for eating disorder recovery
- Healing Power of Psychotherapy Rests in Harmony
- Opinion: Looking at the missing pieces of residential eating disorder treatment programs