Free Eating Disorder Recovery Books: Help EDR Help Others
- Category: Healing Resources
I'm designing a self sustaining project in which Eating Disorder Recovery donates free copies of Healing Your Hungry Heart to such groups.
All too often, I hear stories of how people can not only not afford psychotherapy but also how they don't have the money even to buy a book. The financial tragedy of eating disorders is that without recovery work the eating disorder gets worse. The worse it gets the less the woman's mind, emotions and physical health allow her to learn skills and earn money based on her genuine competence. This can be a terrible downhill spiral that is fed by the eating disorder self critical symptoms.
I wrote Healing Your Hungry Heart with these women in mind. The chapters have strength building psychological and emotional exercises presented in a particular order so that the reader who does the exercises will develop increased awareness and life skills based on emerging as the free and genuine person she is.
Healing Your Hungry Heart: recovering from your eating disorder, contains stories and action tools for adults to support and empower their ongoing recovery work. It can be used by an individual and it can be used as a guide for ongoing support groups.
Please help others receive a book or books by letting the people you know or can reach through your social media connections that this project is underway.
How You Can Help
1. Send a post: Title: free eating disorder book to support groups;
Content: the url of this post, content of this post
2. Use your most used social media connections such as:
- Facebook groups
- friends and associates
How to qualify to receive one or more books:
Write a letter describing your group.
1. geographic location (state, urban or rural, as much description as you like while protecting confidentiality)
2. description of group (how many members, how long it's been in existence, leader or leaderless, how often it meets, independent or connected with a recovery organization.)
3. why you want Healing Your Hungry Heart
4. the challenges group members face
5. how members support each other's recovery
6. how they will use Healing Your Hungry Heart
7. and six months after receiving your book or books/ what impact it had on your group and group members.
You can include as little or as much identifying information as you wish. Please respect confidentiality of group members. Letters will be posted on the eatingdisorderrecovery.com website.
Thank you for your help. I believe that together we can get Healing Your Hungry Heart into the hands of underprivileged women who need support in finding their way to recovery.
Statistics on prevalence of eating disorders.
Together let's find the women who are hurting, hidden from sight, trying to get better and didn't make it to the statistics.