Eating Disorder Recovery: Six Tips on Building Self Esteem
- Category: Healing Resources
I invite you to try out these tips and see if they bring positive changes to your outlook and maybe even your life. *pix
To build self esteem:
- Listen to yourself. Pay attention to your feelings. Good way to do it is to journal and READ your journal.
- If you have a conflict between work and people you love, sometimes choose the people you love.
- Know that you will not always be consistent, logical or unselfish. Accept your humanity and continue to grow.
- Give yourself an adult name that generates respect from yourself and others.
- Catch yourself being good, competent, generous or saying "no" when you mean it.
- Praise yourself for your achievements and smile. :)
- Practice all the above on a regular basis.
- Which ones are easy for you?
- Which are particularly challenging?
- Which surprise you because you didn't think they had anything to do with self-esteem?
*pix This photo is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported license.
Attribution: Margret Hofheinz-Döring / Galerie Brigitte Mauch Göppingen
4 minute video: enchanting to delight your heart. What a glorious sense of the world she had and that lives on through her art. Can you honor and cherish the glory in you?