menu
menu
  • Page:

TOPIC: moving past fear and comfort zone!

Re: moving past fear and comfort zone! 6 years 10 months ago #424

Kym - I'm so thrilled to hear that your first session went so well. Your post actually inspired me to search and read about EFT and "Hold Me Tight". I think it would be nice for the hubby and I to do more couples counseling when we aren't in a crisis.

Your post got me reflecting too back to when and how I told my hubby what was happening and the point at which it became too much for him and we both turned to our individual counselors for help. We were lucky that they both sent us back to each other with thoughtful suggestions. I remember my hubby wanting me to "just make it stop". One thing that was really helpful was when I finally got him to read our friend Johanna's book "Why She Feels Fat". I had spent six months reading everything I could about ED and expected when I revealed my situation that he would just get it. Not so! I think he went through the every stage of grieving (including the angry part of how it impacted his life) before we got to a place where he was ready to offer to be an active part of my team.

Anyways, I got off on my own story. But I am very excited that you and Susan are in a safe place with a fantastic T. All because you dared to make ask!!! Yay!
  • Laura R
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 46
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds

Who's Online

We have 21 guests and no members online

Copyright © 2019