- Category: Psychotherapy and Recovery Work
- Category: Symptoms
- Category: Self-Help
It's time to free yourself.
Eating disorders develop over time and create their own internal environment that becomes a full internal world with set pathways and few options. This means that you live your life based on the rules, routines, habits, perspective, thought processes and behaviors established by your eating disorder.
People pleasing, a well known phrase in the eating disorder community, becomes a way of life. You please others to get support, make them like you, avoid criticism, feel important and valuable because you are needed.
More Articles ...
- Are you caught in a pattern of self sacrifice?
- How to help your anorexic friend
- More about your body being your friend
- Your body is your friend who's there for you 100% of the time.
- Your Power, Holidays and Choices
- Eating Disorder Recovery Holiday Exercises
- Addiction to Sleep Deprivation
- Thanksgiving: the elephant, the ant and the Monarch butterfly
- Inspiring Quotes for Journal Prompts
- Changing Therapeutic Frames for Eating Disorder Recovery and the Butterfly Metaphor